September 19, 2009

Nostalgia by the Sea

Our regional meanderings during our first summer with the Hatchblack took us to Newburyport. After lunch at a cool-looking place on the water with terrible service, we stopped by Oldies Marketplace, which is exactly what it looks like: a big red barn full of the sort of stuff that would make a nostalgia junky O.D.



I think LSB is secretly terrified of these types of places, for fear of what I might try to buy: used books, antique furniture, old records, assorted glassware, art, and old posters and maps. All stuff that I would love to find a place for in our basement storage cubby (some guys have a man cave, I have a basement storage cubby).

3 comments:

L said...

I see that I am, indeed, telepathic.

Elizabeth said...

HAHAHA "man cave"this made me laugh Pete! You guys should go to Black Cow next time you're there. Amazing view, food and service :)

L said...

Eliz - that is where we went. Service was BAD.